Sunday, November 7, 2010

Cambodia 11/7/2010

Today there was an optional sunrise tour offered and of course I decided to go. I ran to make the bus at 4:55am. This is where my lack of sleep keeps coming from. LOL   As I settled in for the drive I thought I would check my phone. I had a text that a student had passed away last night on the ship. I showed it to Leah and Ashley and they were in shock. It was one of their friends. Dean Sue made an announcement since some of us already knew.  Unfortunately, the rest of the day was very emotional. I was a little home sick but now I really just wanted to go home. All that I could think about was how his parent’s were doing, how you would call someone and tell them that kind of news. Ever since that day, I have just been really upset and feel really down. This really showed me how short life really is and you should not risk your life over stupid things.

No comments:

Post a Comment