Friday, September 17, 2010

SHIP LIFE ON THE WAY TO GHANA

Not a lot to report, I just thought I would update everyone on a few things. First, I have joined an extended family. It is an adult couple and 2 guys from SAS and myself. It is sponsored  through SAS and it gives us someone to do things with and be able to talk to if we need it. We will be doing a few things together in ports also.
My roommate and I are raising money to buy 75 pairs of shoes for an orphanage. My roommate will be going and spending 3 days at the orphanage, I will not be able to go because I will be working on another project at that time. We have been going door to door on the ship getting donations and we are putting a write-up in the Deans Memo for everyone in the shipboard community to read. These are the things I am excited to be doing while I am gone.
After I returned from Morocco I got a mani and pedi that my mom got me for my birthday. It was so needed. I also was able to get a facial, again, thanks to my parents. Those were great birthday gifts! I still have 2 more cakes to have delivered that my nanny and auntie sent me on my birthday. Yum, it is the best food you can find on this ship.
Other then that I have been trying to stay on top of my homework. Even though it looks like all I am doing is "playing" it is not so. There is a ton of homework and I am trying hard to keep my grades up. Today I am getting ready to go to an inter-port lecture from a person from Ghana. I will learn more about Ghana from their perspective. I am excited to hear what they have to say.

Love to everyone and I will post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment